Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Absentee ballot

Lines of the day: Do shoes with my name carved in ever walk across the carpet in the thought base over your spine, should I keep trying or have something better to do with my time? Cause I actually don’t.

If it’s red and blue then it’s purple, but if it’s purple then it’s not.

An hour is like a day is like a week is like a tree growing that I wanted to be when I grew up.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. I worked roughly 62 hours over seven days. I haven't been home at all because when I wasn't working I was out with friends or I was home but I was sleeping. These are facts but also sound like excuses for not having written anything. And then the one time I had time there was a citywide internet outage for Comcast. Sometimes when I work that much I think to myself, I can't do this! I literally can't do this! except all the while, I'm doing it.

Needless to say there has been little to no progress on compiling a 60 page poetry manuscript. But I did finish decorating my apartment! (This included decorating for Christmas.) And of course nothing will get done over the long weekend but that's because I'm going home which is the greatest excuse of them all. I love going home. I love Fargo. That's good since I have it tattooed on my upper back. I of course also love it here but home is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment