Thursday, November 25, 2010

Fauxturkey

Word count: 36,077.
Words to go until the end: 13,923.
Words I need to write per day to finish on time: 2,785.

Stupid helpful stats page on the website.
Of course I didn't have time to write anything for two days and then today I wrote only 1,000 words. I feel like I'm back in college, down to the wire. Thank god for a fairly open weekend. I have all day Sunday off and no plans for Friday and Saturday nights beyond dog-sitting. And I finished the Gossip Girl disc that I had tonight so that's out of the way excuse wise. Though I do have an Elle to read and a Vogue to re-read...Bad! I have to finish. I'm going to finish! Take that, stats page!

I had some of my precious tofurkey. It was delicious. It should make for good leftovers tomorrow. And it doesn't make you sleepy like actual turkey. My best Thanksgiving ever was my second one in L.A. when I decided to work so I could spend the day with the kids. It was amazing to be a part of their holiday because I'm pretty sure most of them hadn't ever had a good one. We all went around the table and said what we were thankful for and I'm pretty sure we all cried. I didn't even mind that there was no tofurkey. I miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment