Thursday, November 4, 2010

How others describe me

Word count: 6192.
Should be at: 6664.

I had to write a first date scene and it was sort of annoying because I'm sad about a boy. But I always get sad about boys so it was a good stretch of the imagination to try to write a positive interaction between a boy and a girl as opposed to the normal depressed shit I would normally write. It's good of me to formulate a dysfunctional yet functioning love story. I can save the angsty things for the poetry. One day I want to publish a book of poems that's entirely about boys. That shouldn't be too hard since my basic body of work consists of boys, my dead mother, religion, and my hard, hard life. That's a possible title for an anthology of my work. But that's decades down the line. (For the record I don't actually believe that I have a hard, hard life, but I would need to work the depressing high school material in there somewhere.)

My friend Shawn and I were discussing how people first come off to each other and impressions. I asked him what impression I give off? and he said that I seem approachable, yet judgmental. I was actually really pleased with that because that's exactly what I am. That's pretty up there in my list of off beat compliments. I've also always enjoyed the girl who told me that I was pretty enough to be a crack model.

It was touching because she was really prissy and that was her being sincere.

My favorite compliments are two things that my dad said about me. One is that I may have trouble finding a guy who can handle me because I have so much personality. I try to remember that when I'm sad about an idiot becuase I would rather be myself and on my own then supressing myself to get along with some half-wit who's not cool enough for me. The other thing was something he said to a higher up at one of my jobs that he had just met and she couldn't quite place who he was talking about (I, of course, can't stand her) and he said that I have dark hair and flashing eyes.

So someday I'll be able to have a good first date scene of my own.
Until then, I have character to do it for me, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment