Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Laundry night

Word count: 14,775.
Should be at: 14994. That's only 219 words short! Good work, Alison.

As predicted I didn't get to write yesterday. So today I had to buckle down and I did an excellent job. I am very proud of myself, apparently proud enough to quit 219 words early. But what can you do. I should be at 25,000 words by the end of Monday and that makes me want to vomit a little.

I have to waitress tomorrow which also makes me to want a vomit a little. But Thursdays I get to see all three of my Work Moms so that helps. It's sad really because I'm an excellent waitress but I detest it. Sometimes it's hard not to say to people, you do realize that you're completely ridiculous, right? You know that some people exist who still tip 10%? And I work in an upscale mall. Nothing makes you angrier quicker then someone who pays with a $100 and leaves you barely anything. When people are rude to me, I really want to ask them if they have children and if so would they appreciate it if someone spoke to their children the way that they're speaking to me?

But I digress. I just roll my eyes a lot when they're not looking. One day they're going to roll right out of my head. Which is a shame, seeing as how they are my best feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment