Sunday, November 7, 2010

Good Modest Mouse song: Heart Cooks Brain.

Word count: 10922.
Should be at: 11662. There's useful tools on the website to inform me that at this rate I will finish on December 3rd. Hey, smart ass website, some of us have two jobs and aren't made of time!

That's pretty creepy though, 50,000 words. What if my idea isn't 50,000 words worth? What if I get to my end (because I actually do know how it ends) and I'm like 20,000 words short? I'll have to go back and pad it. But I guess it's not national write a novella month. It's good to force myself though. Part of me tonight thought, well, I don't know what to write. I have chunks of it figured out and I thought about cheating and writing one of those. But then that seemed like a terrible idea. So it's good to force myself. And I don't feel like what I ended up writing was terrible. It wasn't screaming "You're just writing words to write words!" at me. It moreso ended up being things I hadn't thought about. It's fun to create relationships between people.

I went out for dinner with my friends Kate and Brett tonight. They're having a baby this week and I'm beside myself. They're going to be awesome parents. Also, as anyone who has had a conversation with me knows, I love kids. Kids and puppies. And they will soon have both!

No comments:

Post a Comment