Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Not my most uplifting post but you've been warned.

Word count: 27,296
Should be at: 28,322.
Words short: 1,026.

I managed to get tomorrow night off so that's something anyway. Also whenever I eat delicious things like edamame hummus I also think about how my brothers would act like it made them sick. That is a Thanksgiving tradition that I will miss, me eating tofurkey while they act like it's contaminating them just to be in the same room as it. There's always Christmas I suppose, although I think it will just be one brother then. He'll have to put in extra effort to make up for the other three. I'm fairly confident that he can do it.

Sometimes I worry that I spend too much time by myself. Don't get me wrong, I'm awesome company. The novel writing has been good for me to be writing, period, but working two jobs and writing every day is hard. Working 50 hours a week is ridiculous as it is. When I think about an actual job that I would like to do I feel like the ceiling is caving in on my head and by head I mean stomach because I do not have an answer for that. I would love to go back to working with kids but I'm not sure how to do that without going back into low-paying, bad hour territory of non-profit. Sometimes I curse myself for not going into teaching. Sure, I could still do that. I could also sell my kidneys on the black market to fund further school loans.

I was in a mood all day becuase it's November 17th which was the day we found out that my mom was sick and I remember everything about that day. Well, everything from when we found out on to the end of the day. That was ten years ago. That's not the greatest feeling, when you can think to yourself, wow, ten years ago my life was ruined! Sometimes the truth sounds dramatic but it's still the truth.

I feel like I should end on a more positive note. Let's see...Oh! We hung up paper snowflakes today at work! And I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment